Killer: Joanna Dennehy pleaded guilty to murdering
three men before dumping their bodies in ditches
- Joanna Dennehy admits killing three men found dead in Cambridgeshire
- Kevin Lee, 48, Lukasz Slaboszewski, 31, and John Chapman, 56, all died
- Also pleads guilty at Old Bailey to attempted murders of two other men
A woman today admitted she was a serial killer by pleading guilty to murdering
three men before dumping their bodies in ditches.
three men before dumping their bodies in ditches.
Joanna Dennehy admitted killing Kevin Lee, 48, Lukasz Slaboszewski, 31, and John Chapman, 56, who were found with multiple stab wounds between March and April in Cambridgeshire.
The 31-year-old from Peterborough also pleaded guilty today at the Old Bailey in Central London to the attempted murders of another two men, Robin Bereza and John Rogers.
Property developer Mr Lee's body was found in a ditch in Newborough, Cambridgeshire, on March 30, and her other two victims were discovered nearby at Thorney Dyke.
The pleas appeared to surprise her defence barrister Nigel Lickley QC, who told the court: 'The course is not one I had anticipated. We ask for more time given what has just occurred.'
Dennehy, who sat in the dock of court, said she did not want to talk to anyone and added: 'I have pleaded guilty and that's it.'
She also pleaded guilty to three counts of preventing the lawful burial of all three murder victims.
Her partner, 7ft 3in tall Gary Stretch, 57, denied the two attempted murders and helping Dennehy to dump the bodies.
Dead: Dennehy admitted killing Kevin Lee (left), 48, Lukasz Slaboszewski (centre), 31, and John Chapman (right), 56, who were found with multiple stab wounds between March and April in Cambridgeshire
Mr Lee was discovered on the morning of March 30 in a ditch by the A16 at Newborough. A post-mortem examination later showed he died as a result of stab wounds to the chest.
In court: Dennehy's partner, 7ft 3in tall Gary Stretch, 57, denied the two attempted murders and helping her to dump the bodies
Four days later on April 3 police were called to Fenland field in Thorney, near Peterborough, after a member of the public stumbled across the bodies of Mr Slaboszewski and Mr Chapman.
Mr Slaboszewski had been stabbed in the heart. Mr Chapman was stabbed in the neck and chest.
It is believed Mr Slaboszewski was murdered between March 19 and 29, while both Mr Chapman and Mr Lee were killed on March 29. The two attempted murders were said to have been on April 2.
Dennehy, of Bifield, Peterborough, pleaded guilty to three counts of murder, two counts of attempted murder, and three counts of preventing a lawful burial.
Stretch, of Orton Goldhay, Peterborough, denied two counts of attempted murder and three counts of preventing a lawful burial.
Layton, also of Bifield, denies two counts of preventing a lawful burial and one charge of perverting the course of justice.
Robert Moore, of Peterborough, denies two counts of assisting an offender.
On their previous appearance at court a provisional trial date was set for January 14 next year. They are all in custody.
Scene: Police were called in April to Fenland field in Thorney, near Peterborough, after a member of the public stumbled across the bodies of Mr Slaboszewski and Mr Chapman
0 Comments:
Post a Comment